Room University Delays Launch Due to COVID-19
A simple alternative to show venues how to make additional income to prevent closing permanently
Awesome businesses are suffering right now and the time is now to introduce the solution that can allow them to stay open." said Johnnie Benson, Co-Founder at Room University.
Room University was projected to launch this summer, but when the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) arrived, our team had to reconsider our approach. Should we delay our launch until it was confirmed that businesses were safe to re-open everywhere or should we find a way to assist businesses now? We are hoping that users can start booking their spaces in the Fall. For now, we are only requesting venues to list their venues on our marketplace.
The " Next Normal" Option
With events having to be cancelled all over the World, people are trying to determine where or if they can still host their pre-planned events. As we embark on the journey into the " next normal", we want to launch ahead of schedule, especially for venues like restaurants, to partner with us to create another stream of income. One of the founders, Johnene McBeth, completely shifted her plans for the destination wedding planned in Orlando, Florida, this past May.
“COVID -19 has affected my family in many ways, but I’m grateful to be alive and I am strong enough to fight back. I postponed my wedding that I started planning two years ago and this process has become a logistical nightmare. While my husband and I have decided to get married ahead of our postponed wedding, it truly hurts to have lost at least one family member almost weekly since mid-March, especially since they were all supposed to be guests for our big day. I have so many reasons to give up. However, I choose to hope that venues all over the World will consider a different approach to share their space on our platform and guests choose to embrace this new normal by booking a space with the venues listed. Now more than ever, is important to make memories with the ones you love, while we still have them here to cherish.”
How to Partner with Room University
As the re-opening process progresses, venues now have a chance to have additional income already in place by allowing people to book events in advance. If you are a business or a landlord for a vacant property, rethink how to market your space by partnering with Room University. You have the space, and you even have the control to host events when it works for your business. Connect with the audience looking to make your space a part of their special occasions. The process is simple to Sign Up at Room University and the following benefits are accessible:
For Hosts: List Your Room
If you have any underutilized space available or if your venue can be rented by people looking to pay you to fill your space’s downtime, list your space or “room” and start earning money now! Room University offers:
- Free Listing- List Your Space for free! It is that simple. We only get paid when you do, so let us build a partnership that will last forever.
- Earn Money-You set your availability, pricing, and additional terms for your bookings. Open your doors!
- Build Trust - Guests on Room University add their picture, so you know who you’re talking to, plus both hosts and guests are able to leave reviews of their experience so you know exactly what to expect from everyone!
- See Alerts - We send monthly letters to share the activity of our audience, so you are "in the know" about their event needs.
For Guests: Create Your Profile
If you are looking for an easier way to book a venue, without the hassle that comes along with messy contracts, large lump sums of money and poor communication? You are in luck! Room University offers:
- True Pricing- Book space by the hour without any hidden fees and messy contracts. Our spaces are priced to fit your budget.
- Easy Planning – We have the space for all of your event needs. Discover unique spaces that align with the vision of your event.
- Simple Booking - You’re one click away from your unlocked event spaces. Message hosts directly. Book Instantly. Enjoy Your Event.
About Room University
Room University is a digital marketplace offering exclusive access to unthinkable event venues. We are providing an opportunity for venues to offer their underutilized space for rent. Founded in February 2020, Room University. is a new marketplace looking to help venues understand how to market the biggest asset of their business, their space. Room University is on a mission to influence the power of partnership and build solid trust within communities as we make it simple to utilize any space.
· Email: email@example.com
· Website: https://www.roomuniversity.com
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roomuniversity
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/roomuniversity